Tuesday 11 June 2024

Psalms 135-138

Oh, Give Thanks to the LORD, for He Is Good

(Day 45 of the Omer)
Psalm 136:1-9 Oh, give thanks to the LORD, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever. Oh, give thanks to the God of gods! For His mercy endures forever. Oh, give thanks to the Lord of lords! For His mercy endures forever: to Him who alone does great wonders, for His mercy endures forever; to Him who by wisdom made the heavens, for His mercy endures forever; to Him who laid out the earth above the waters, for His mercy endures forever; to Him who made great lights, for His mercy endures forever— the sun to rule by day, for His mercy endures forever; the moon and stars to rule by night, for His mercy endures forever.

You will perfect that which concerns me; Your mercy O Yehovah, endures forever; do not forsake the works of Your hands. Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You will revive me; You will stretch out Your hand against the wrath of my enemies and Your right hand will save me. Though You are on high, You regard the lowly; but the proud You know from afar. In the day when I cried out, You answered me, and made me bold with strength in my soul. And so I praise You with my whole heart; before the gods I will sing praises to You. I will worship toward Your holy temple and praise Your name for Your lovingkindness and Your truth; for You have magnified Your word above all Your name. All the kings of the earth shall praise You, O Yehovah, when they hear the words of Your mouth. Yes, they shall sing of the ways of the LORD, for great is the glory of Yehovah.

No comments:

Post a Comment