Monday 10 June 2024

Psalms 130-134

Hope in the LORD; for With the LORD There Is Mercy

(Day 44 of the Omer)
Psalm 130:5-8 I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in His word I do hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than those who watch for the morning—yes, more than those who watch for the morning. O Israel, hope in the LORD; for with the LORD there is mercy, and with Him is abundant redemption. And He shall redeem Israel from all his iniquities.
 
Oh Lord my heart is quieted; my thoughts are not too proud. The shadows flee, my eyes can see You now.
I do not occupy myself with things too great for me. Here in Your stillness, is where I long to be. And I have calmed my troubled heart; I have quieted my soul. Like a child at its mother's breast, I find my strength and take my rest. In the shelter of Your arms there is life to make me whole. I have calmed my heart and quieted my soul. But should I not be comforted when darkness falls again? When I am weak, will I still seek You then? Lord, help me hear You call my name, above the raging sea. O Israel, come put your trust in Me. I have calmed my troubled heart; I have quieted my soul. Like a child at its mother's breast, I find my strength and take my rest. In the shelter of Your arms there is life to make me whole. I have calmed my heart and quieted my soul. (Psalm 131 by Marty Goetz; sung by Stephanie Dawn)


No comments:

Post a Comment