Monday 20 May 2019

Psalms 98-101

Image may contain: ocean and text
 Link to full passage on Bible Gateway

Come Before Him with Joyful Singing
David wrote, “I will walk within my house in the integrity of my heart. I will set no worthless thing before my eyes” (Psalms 101:2-4). The Lord commended David’s integrity and told Solomon, “If you will walk before me, as David your father walked, with integrity of heart and uprightness, doing according to all that I have commanded you…then I will establish your royal throne over Israel forever” (1 Kings 9:4-5). Do we walk within our house (in our secret places… where only God sees) in the integrity of our hearts? “He is a shield to those who walk in integrity, guarding the paths of justice and watching over the way of His saints” (Proverbs 2:6-8). “The upright will inhabit the land, and those with integrity will remain in it…” (Proverbs 2:20-21). “Whoever walks in integrity walks securely, but he who makes his ways crooked will be found out” (Proverbs 10:9). “The integrity of the upright guides them, but the crookedness of the treacherous destroys them” (Proverbs 11:3). Help us, dear Father, to walk in the integrity of our hearts. Shield us from dishonoring Your name, whether it be in public, or in the privacy of our own homes. Help us to set a pure and upright example for our children (Proverbs 20:7,11) so that they will also walk in integrity. And may the integrity of our hearts glorify your name in every thought, word and deed.


No comments:

Post a Comment