Thursday 16 May 2019

Psalms 87-89

Image may contain: ocean, sky, cloud, text and water

Righteousness and Justice are the Foundation of Your Throne
“Our shield belongs to the Lord” (Psalms 89:11). It is presumptuous to think that we can protect ourselves. We cannot. For our adversary is far stronger than we. Our adversary seeks to destroy us because we are precious to God.  The shield of faith protects us from the Devil’s fiery darts of evil (Ephesians 6:16). Against this evil foe and any one of his minions, the Lord is our strength and shield (Psalm 28:7). He is our rock, our fortress and our deliverer; our strength in whom we should trust (Psalm 18:2). He is the shield of our help (Deuteronomy 33:29). He is our help and shield (Psalms 33:20). He is a sun and a shield (Psalms 84:11). He is a shield to those who put their trust in Him (Proverbs 30:5). Dear Father, “You are a shield for me, my glory and the One who lifts up my head” (Psalms 3:3). Without You, I have no hope – only shame and failure. However, You are my God. And if You are for me, who can be against me? Thank You Father, for protecting me against the devices of evil. You are my shield, for I put my trust in You.


No comments:

Post a Comment