Tuesday 7 May 2019

Psalms 58-61

Image may contain: text

God is My Stronghold
I particularly love two lines in Psalms 61 - “Lead me to the rock that is higher than I” and “Let me take refuge in the shelter of Your wings” (Psalms 61:2&4). I realize that when my life has overwhelmed me and my burdens have become too heavy, I have been trying to manage life and carry the burdens on my own. And In doing so, I have set myself up for failure. The 61st Psalm encourages us to seek our help from the Rock that is stronger than we are. That Rock is Jesus (1 Corinthians 10:4). Jesus told us to come to Him, “and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light” (Matthew 11:28-30). Dear Father, lead me to the rock that is higher than I. And at His feet, may I lay my burdens down. Help me to snuggle under the shelter of Your wings and find my peace and refuge there. For You are my tower of strength. You protect me  against the enemy.  May we, your children, dwell in Your tent forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment