Sunday 16 June 2024

Ruth 1-4

Your People Shall be My People, and Your God, My God

(Shavuot/Pentecost) (Day 50 of the Omer)
Ruth 1:16-17 But Ruth said: “Entreat me not to leave you, or to turn back from following after you; for wherever you go, I will go; and wherever you lodge, I will lodge; your people shall be my people, and your God, my God. Where you die, I will die, and there will I be buried. The LORD do so to me, and more also, if anything but death parts you and me.”

Dear Father, just as Ruth trusted Naomi's instruction to lay at her redeemer's feet, so I lay my life down at my Redeemer's feet. Your Son gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for Himself a people that are his very own (people such as Ruth) eager to do what is good. (Titus 2:4) There is now no condemnation for those who are in Messiah Yeshua because through Him the law of the Spirit which gives life has set us free from the law of sin and death. (Romans 8:1-2) Thank You, Yeshua. My lips will shout for joy when I sing praise to you--I whom You have delivered. (Psalm 71:23)  Thank You Yehovah our God who is with us, the Mighty Warrior who saves. You take great delight in us; in Your love You no longer rebuke us but rejoice over us with singing. (Zephaniah 3:17) I delight greatly in You, O Yehovah; my soul rejoices in You, Oh my God. For You have clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of Yeshua's righteousness as a bridegroom adorns His head like a priest and as a bride adorns herself with jewels. (Isaiah 61:10) My lips shout for joy when I sing praise to You--I whom You have delivered. (Psalm 71:23)

No comments:

Post a Comment