Sunday 30 June 2024

Romans 7-8

Who Will Deliver Me From This Body of Death?

Romans 7:21-25 I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good. For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man. But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? I thank God—through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin. 

The law is holy, and the commandment holy and just and good. The law is spiritual. But we are carnal, sold under sin. The carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God because in our flesh, nothing good dwells. However, if the Spirit of God dwells in us, we are not in the flesh but in the Spirit. If the Spirit of God who raised Jesus from the dead does indeed dwell in us, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to our mortal bodies through His Spirit which dwells in us. As many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are children of God. And if we are His children, then we are joint heirs with Christ and will be glorified together with Him. How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! (1 John 3:1) This is our most wonderful hope, and we eagerly wait for it with perseverance. Thank You Father, for this hope which is made possible by the awesome gift of Your Holy Spirit dwelling in us, that we should be glorified together with Your Son. Thank You for calling us out of darkness into Your marvelous light; we who once were not a people but are now the people of God (1 Peter 2:10)

No comments:

Post a Comment