Saturday 22 June 2024

Numbers 8-12

Beha’alotcha – When You Raise (the Lamps)

Numbers 8:1-3 And the LORD spoke to Moses, saying: “Speak to Aaron, and say to him, ‘When you arrange the lamps, the seven lamps shall give light in front of the lampstand.’” And Aaron did so; he arranged the lamps to face toward the front of the lampstand, as the LORD commanded Moses.

On the day that the tabernacle was set up, the cloud covered it. The cloud would cover it by day and there was a fiery appearance by night. Whenever the cloud was taken up from the tabernacle the Israelites would begin their journey; and in whatever place the cloud settled, there the Israelites would make camp. As long as the cloud stayed put, the Israelites remained camped without traveling. So it was, whenever the ark set out, Moses said: "Rise up, O LORD! Let your enemies be scattered, and let those who hate you flee before you!" And when it rested, he said: "Return, O LORD, to the many thousands of Israel!" Entreat me, O LORD, never to leave You, or to turn back from following after you; for wherever You go, I will go. Your people shall be my people and You shall be my God. (Ruth 1:15-16) I have set You always before me; because You are at my right hand I shall not be moved. Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoices; my flesh also will rest in hope. You will show me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy; at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore. (Psalm 16:8-11) May Your presence always go with us and may You give us rest. (Exodus 33:14)


No comments:

Post a Comment