Thursday 9 May 2019

Psalms 66-68

Image may contain: cloud, sky and text

He has Given Heed to the Voice of My Prayer
If we regard wickedness (cherish sin) in our hearts, the Lord will not hear our prayers (Psalms 66:18). Is there sin in our lives that we cannot overcome… addiction or sinful habits? Paul addresses this human proclivity in his letters to the Romans. He wrote that humans are sold under sin. It is God’s perfect law that reveals this to us. Yet, though we strive to follow the righteousness of the law, we end up committing the sin we have come to hate. And we realize that no good dwells in us. Paul asks, “Who will deliver me from this body of death? Thanks be to God [that] through Jesus Christ our Lord” (Romans 7) and by the power of the Spirit dwelling in us (Romans 8) we are set free from the power of sin. Paul tells us to put to death the deeds of the flesh and we shall live. Psalms 66 speaks of the refining process that God uses to help us put to death the deeds of the flesh – so that we may walk in the spirit and be conformed to the image of our Lord Jesus Christ. Dear Father, thank You for refining me. Thank You for helping me put to death the deeds of the flesh. Thank You for giving heed to the voice of my prayer. Blessed be God, who has not turned away my prayer nor His lovingkindness from me (Psalms 66:19-20).


No comments:

Post a Comment