Tuesday 25 June 2024

Acts 21-24

According to the Way

Acts 24:14-16 But this I confess to you, that according to the Way which they call a sect, so I worship the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the Law and in the Prophets. I have hope in God, which they themselves also accept, that there will be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and the unjust. This being so, I myself always strive to have a conscience without offense toward God and men.

Paul said that he had been brought up in Jerusalem and was taught according to the strictness of his fathers' law, and was so zealous toward God that he persecuted "the Way" to the death, binding and delivering into prison both men and women. When he was on the road to Damascus to imprison even more believers, he was confronted by a blinding light and a voice commanding, "Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?" Paul asked, "Who are You, Lord?" And the voice replied, "I am Yeshua of Nazareth, whom you are persecuting." This powerful event on the road to Damascus turned Paul from a persecutor of the Way to a believer, defender and teacher of the Way." Paul was commissioned by Yeshua Himself to bear witness of Him to all men, Jew and Gentile alike. And Paul was faithful in doing so. At the end of his life Paul wrote, I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge will award to me on that day-- and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing. (2 Timothy 4:7-8) Our Father, thank You for calling us to follow Yeshua and walk in Your Ways. May we also be faithful in our walk, and like Paul may we finish our race, that we may also receive the crown of righteousness that awaits the just in the resurrection of the dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment