Wednesday 22 May 2024

Psalms 83-86

Among the Gods There Is None Like You, O Lord

(Day 25 of the Omer)
Psalm 86:8-12 Among the gods there is none like You, O Lord; nor are there any works like Your works. All nations whom You have made shall come and worship before You, O Lord, and shall glorify Your name. For You are great, and do wondrous things; You alone are God. Teach me Your way, O LORD; I will walk in Your truth; unite my heart to fear Your name. I will praise You, O Lord my God, with all my heart, and I will glorify Your name forevermore.

Do not keep silent, O God! Do not be still. For behold, Your enemies make a tumult; they have taken crafty counsel against Your people. They have said, "Come, and let us cut them off from being a nation, that the name of Israel may be remembered no more." They have consulted together with one consent; they form a confederacy against You. O my God, make them like the whirling dust, like the chaff before the wind! Frighten them with Your storm. Fill their faces with shame, that they may seek Your name, O Yehovah. Let them be confounded; yes, let them be put to shame and perish, that they may know that You, whose name alone is Yehovah, are the Most High over all the earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment