Sunday 19 May 2024

Psalms 73-76

God Is the Strength of My Heart and My Portion Forever 

(Day 22 of the Omer)
Psalm 73:24-26 You will guide me with Your counsel, and afterward receive me to glory. Whom have I in heaven but You? And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You. My flesh and my heart fail; but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

O God, how long will the adversary reproach? Will the enemy blaspheme Your name forever? Remember Your congregation, which You have purchased of old, the tribe of Your inheritance, which You have redeemed. Do not deliver the life of Your turtledove to the wild beast! Arise, O God, plead Your own cause; do not forget the voice of Your enemies; the tumult of those who rise up against You increases continually. You, Yourself, are to be feared. Who may stand in Your presence when once You are angry? You cause judgment to be heard from heaven; the earth fears and is still when You arise to deliver all the oppressed of the earth. Surely the wrath of man shall praise You; with the remainder of wrath You shall gird Yourself. You will choose the proper time and will judge uprightly. You will command the boastful not to deal boastfully and the wicked not to lift up the horn. You are judge: You put down one and exalt another. All the horns of the wicked You will cut off, but the horns of the righteous shall be exalted. We give thanks to You, O God, we give thanks! For Your wondrous works declare that Your name is near. We will declare Your name forever and sing praises to the God of Jacob. Flesh and heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment